6.05.2017

Goals for June

June is always a pretty hefty month. It's the month that my mom, dad, brother, and Granny celebrate their birthdays. It's the month that we celebrate Father's Day. It's the first month of full-blown summer temperatures here in Florida. And, this year, it's the month that marks one year of me being home from my year abroad in Prague. Oh time, how you do fly.

There's something about this time of the year that makes me extra ambitious. Maybe it's the sunshine. Maybe it's the fact that the year is almost half over. Regardless, here are some goals that I want to accomplish this month. 


Blog
//Implement a new posting schedule. For the past few months, I have been posting every Monday, Tuesday, Thursday, and Friday. Now that I have a blogging "groove," so to speak, I'm going to move to a three-day posting schedule...Monday, Wednesday, and Friday. 

//Get a custom URL. I had one in the past, then I took a blogging hiatus and let it expire. It's time for a new one! 

Writing
//Work on my book three times a week. Right now, my book writing schedule is pretty random...a bit here and a bit there. I'm going to try designating a more solid schedule...three sessions a week, the days depending on where my free time falls. 

//Add 10,000 words to my novel. This seems daunting, but it's completely doable. That's only 2,500 words a week. Split between the three times a week I'm going to devote to sitting down and writing, that's only 830 words (give or take) at a time. 

//Have more confidence. I go through phases where I get really critical of my writing. I second guess everything and end up frustrated. I'm going to try to be a bit kinder to myself, and stay inspired by listening to writing related podcasts and thinking positively. 

Personal
//Go to the gym four times a week. I worked out regularly for the second half of last year, and I loved it. Needless to say, I fell off that wagon a bit and stopped going to my workout group because it was almost an hour's drive away. I recently FINALLY signed up for a gym membership. I went yesterday morning for the first time, and really enjoyed it. I'm aiming to go at least four times a week...Saturday, Monday, Tuesday, and Thursday. 

//Pay more attention to my environmental footprint. I need to be more conscientious of the products I use, the items that I recycle, and the good that I do for the environment. 

//Sell or donate unwanted clothing. It's been about two months since my closet transformation. But, wouldn't you know that the stuff I decided to purge is still sitting in a big bag in my closet floor. I think I'm going to try to sell some of it on Poshmark or a similar site, and then donate the rest. 

//Finish applying to go back to school. Maybe? I extensively discussed this here. The jury is still out on exactly what I'm going to do though. I may continue the application and apply for fall. I may wait and apply for next spring. I guess a better goal for this would be...make up your mind about school, Miranda. 

Let's do this! Do you have any goals for the month? 
Kristen from Pugs & Pearls said...

You can do it! I'd love to hear more about your novel and what it's about!

Linda @ A La Carte said...

Great goals. I think making a list helps me stay more focused so I need to do that myself!

StephTheBookworm said...

Ooh, I love it! Lots of great goals here. Oh my gosh, I always purge my closet and then leave the boxes sitting forever! I had a goal last month to finally get to Goodwill and I did - yay! 3 boxes out of my house.

Love the blog schedule idea. I used to be on a schedule but now I'm just all over the place.

Emily Brooke said...

Try thredup for your clothes! If they are nice and in good condition they will buy them from you, if they don't want to buy hem from you they will responsibly recycle them! A lot of non-profs that collect old clothes just throw them out if they can't sell them so I appreciate hat they find a way to recycle them!!

Torrie said...

Those are some ambitious goals! I've always wanted to add 10,000 words in a month to my novel (in true NaNoWriMo style), but I've never quite been able to do it...you'll have to let me know your secrets if you end up being able to work that out!

Good luck this month :)

© My Restless Soul. Made with love by The Dutch Lady Designs.