6.12.2017

Quotes to Keep You Going at the Gym

After about six months of slacking off, I have finally jumped back into a workout routine. A couple of weeks ago, I signed up for a YouFit membership, and things are going pretty swell so far. Going to the gym is one of those things that is often hard to talk yourself into, despite the fact that it is actually pretty enjoyable and makes you feel great. When the endorphins just aren't enough though, I have to find extra ways to stay motivated. Here are some quotes that keep me moving. Maybe they'll help you out too!


"Your body can stand almost anything. It's your mind that you have to convince."

"You're far too smart to be the only thing standing in your way."

"I go to the gym because I think my great personality could use a banging body."

"Exercise is a celebration of what your body can do. Not a punishment for what you ate."

"I never regret when I do it, but always regret when I don't."


"Wake up with determination. Go to bed with satisfaction."

"The best thing I ever did was believe in me."

"If at first you don't succeed, fix your ponytail and try again."

"Fall in love with taking care of your body."

"Think of your workouts as important meetings you've scheduled with yourself. Bosses don't cancel." 

What keeps you on track? Do you ever turn to quotes when you need motivation? Which of these is your favorite? 
Kristen from Pugs & Pearls said...

Nice! I definitely need work out motivation lately...

Torrie said...

My favorite workout quote I actually got from Biggest Loser (surprise surprise)---"Talk yourself into it, not out of it." So often, like you said, it's SO EASY to talk ourselves out of going to the gym or going on that walk or run or pushing ourselves at that tough aerobics class. But every time I reach that point when my brain starts to talk myself out of it, I remember the quote and start doing the opposite. It's really worked wonders for me!

StephTheBookworm said...

I love all of these! When I was first losing all my weight, I had a corkboard covered with fitness quotes. I saved a few of them and now have them on my fridge.

Audrey Louise said...

"Exercise is a celebration of what your body can do. Not a punishment for what you ate."
I really like that one! I'm a firm believer in eating food that tastes yummy- whether it's healthy or not-so-healthy. This is a great quote to encourage a healthy attitude toward food and one's self-image!

© My Restless Soul. Made with love by The Dutch Lady Designs.