6.19.2017

Weekend Recap {6/16-6/18}

I haven't done a weekend recap in a while. I would say I'm not sure why, but honestly it's just because the past couple of weekends have been pretty low-key. This one broke that streak though, so let's get going!

Friday
When I got home from work, Slade had a really yummy dinner of Asian style short ribs and cauliflower fried "rice" ready. (He really is the best.) After we ate, we went out to run a couple of errands. I wanted to go to Target to pick up a few odds and ends in the dollar section for my new teaching job. (More on that later!) Slade also bought me a new desk so I can start creating my in-home work space/classroom. Once errands were complete, we spent the rest of the evening at home, and went to bed embarrassingly early.

Saturday
Saturday started with an early morning visit to the gym, followed by a vet appointment for Bell. A quick Starbucks run later, we were back at home to spend a couple of hours catching up on some stuff. If you follow my Instagram stories, you also already know that I started prepping our spare bedroom for my office space.


Then, it was time for the fun part of the day! Slade and I hadn't had a date night in a while, so we headed out to see a movie and have a cheat meal. We watched Wonder Woman in 3D, and it was so empowering. It made me want to leave the theater and kick some evil butt. For dinner, we decided to try V Pizza. We shared an order of the wood oven roasted chicken wings, I ordered a calzone, and Slade got the quatro formaggi pizza with pancetta added. Let's just say we weren't disappointed. Dessert came in the form of custard from Culver's, and then we went home and went to bed embarrassingly early again.


Sunday
Slade had to get up super early on Sunday and head out for a work trip. (Insert sad face here.) I wasn't able to go back to sleep after he left, so Bell and I got up for the day and I cleaned while she tortured our cat Rizzo. My parents arrived later in the morning, and we met up with my grandparents, aunt, and cousin to have lunch and see a movie for Father's Day. We watched Megan Leavey, and it was really good, but I don't recommend watching it unless you're okay with crying.

After the movie, we ran into Target for a bit and then came back to my place where my dad put my new desk together for me. I told him he didn't have to because it was Father's Day, but he still did it and I couldn't be more grateful! They left later in the afternoon, and I made some dinner and got started on blog posts for the week while Bell harassed Rizzo some more. She did, however, take a few moments to nap on her new sloth toy from Bark Box.


And here we are...Monday, Monday, Monday! How was your weekend?
Kristen from Pugs & Pearls said...

Wonder Woman was SOOO good! I felt the same way. I loved the girl power, and I have a major girl crush on Gal Gadot. I love movie dates!

julie @ a hopeful hood said...

Wings on a date night, is there anything better?! Sounds like a full weekend!!

Laura Darling said...

Date nights are the best, and that food sounds amazing!!

© My Restless Soul. Made with love by The Dutch Lady Designs.