6.26.2017

Weekend Recap {6/23-6/25}

Folks, I don't know what the temperatures have been like where you live, but summer is in full force here in Florida. With the exception of one year, I've lived in Florida my entire life. Yet, the heat and humidity levels never cease to surprise me from summer to summer. I love it and I hate it.

Slade was out of town for work this past weekend, so I took the opportunity to catch up with some friends and cross some stuff off of my to-do list. Here's a recap!


Friday
My friend Ashley came to stay the night with me on Friday. We went downtown and started the night with drinks and dinner at Boca Fiesta. It was my first time there, and I can honestly say that I think they have the best margaritas and steak tacos in Gainesville. After dinner, we walked around downtown for a bit, had a few more drinks, and wrapped up the night with a bit of dancing. I always have such a fun time with Ashley...it was exactly the kind of night I needed!

Saturday
Saturday morning was spent lazing around my apartment. We did make a quick trip to get some breakfast from Chick-Fil-A, but that was about it for the first few hours. We eventually had to get up and get ready, as Ashley had to head home and I had a hair appointment. I have to admit, I am that horrible person who gets a haircut/trim a whopping one time a year. And, the older I get, the less I can tolerate long hair in the hot weather, so that one time a year always involves chopping several inches off. It just feels so much better!


After my hair appointment, I went to lunch with Taylor, who is one of my best friends from high school. We hadn't seen each other in a little over a year, and it was wonderful to spend a couple of hours catching up. She also had her niece Camilla with her. She is just over a year old, and is the absolute cutest.

I spent the evening at home, making myself relax...which for whatever reason has been super difficult for me to do lately. I feel like I always have to be working on something...not sure what my deal is. I discovered World of Dance on On Demand, and got sucked in. I am such a sucker for any type of dance show, and this one is awesome!

Sunday
Bell and I slept until about 7:30, and then I got up and did my weekly Sunday morning cleaning. Once that was done, I left to go to the gym. Sunday is normally a rest day for me, but I didn't go to the gym on Saturday morning like I usually do, so I had to make up for that. During the week, I do cardio and strength training, and on the weekends I focus just on cardio. I had a great workout on the treadmill this day!


With my workout out of the way, I drove over to Kohl's to see if they had a pair of sandals I was wanting. They did have them, and even better, they also had my favorite sports bras on clearance for $10 apiece so I got two more colors. I then had to run into Publix to get a couple of things I needed for a new recipe.

Bell and I went for a walk when I got home, then I showered and hunkered down to write blog posts for the week. I also finished up the last couple of available World of Dance episodes, and then moved on to catching up on the new season of So You Think You Can Dance. (It's an addiction, I tell ya.)

It's now another Monday, but I'm choosing to believe that this week is going to be a good one. After work I have to head over to an appointment at David's Bridal. One of my best friends got engaged back in May, and her and her fiance have decided to get married this fall, so it's bridesmaid dress time! I'm really looking forward to it, and all of the wedding festivities!

How was your weekend?
Myra said...

I LOVE dance shows, haha. I just started watching SYTYCD again and omg, so good! Also? Your hair is incredible. The length completely suits you, you gorgeous girl! So glad you had a nice weekend. Here's hoping the week ahead is just as good to you. xo

Kristen from Pugs & Pearls said...

It's so nice to do stuff with your girls sometimes, isn't it!?
You're hair looks fantastic, and I love your outfit in the first pic!

Mallory Layfield said...

I love your haircut! A fresh cut is always the best, especially in the Summer! Also, now I'm really craving margs and steak tacos...at 10 am lol.

StephTheBookworm said...

I LOVE your new hair -- it looks GREAT. Sounds like a really good weekend.

I'm honestly the exact same way about my hair. I HATE it when it gets long, and yet I only manage to get it cut once or twice a year which always means hacking a whole bunch off!

Torrie said...

I love your hair like that--it looks fabulous on you!

(And I'm not much better about getting mine done...only about once every 6-8 months, whenever I can no longer stand the bulk!)

© My Restless Soul. Made with love by The Dutch Lady Designs.