7.05.2017

I'll Take All the T-Shirts, Thanks

T-shirts have always been my favorite article of clothing. Ask anyone who knows me...they'll probably roll their eyes and tell you it's true. I'm a plain Jane, and I'm not even ashamed.

Here's my prerogative...they easily go with anything. Jeans? Obviously. Shorts? Match made in heaven. Skirts? Why not! Dress 'em up? You bet. Bathing suit cover-up? The easiest and coolest option. In a rush? Just throw one on!

And best of all? They never really go out of style. Hence...here's my style in a nutshell.


//T-shirt: Target // Shorts: Walmart //Shoes: Target  //Purse: Target
 
HOWEVER, not all t-shirts are created equal. You have to be willing to put a lot of time into finding just the right ones. They can't be too tight, but also shouldn't be too loose. They should be thin and airy, but not so thin and airy that every little thing underneath shows through. They should hold their shape after you wash them. And, preferably, they should come in a ridiculous amount of colors so you have one for every occasion.
 
Do I sound like an addict yet? Great. Since I have been through the tough and tedious task of finding acceptable t-shirts over the years, I thought I would share some of my favorite, budget-friendly brands. These are in no particular order:
 
//Mossimo Supply Co. brand from Target. These come in V-neck or scoop neck. You can get them with a pocket or without. Their are tons of styles to choose from, the fabric is really soft, and best of all...they are usually on some type of offer. (Right now they are 3 for $20!) Another one of my current faves is this tie-dye one.
 
//Old Navy boyfriend tees.  Again, there is a nice variety of styles, colors, and patterns to choose from. It's usually best to size down with these, since they do run so loose. (Hence the "boyfriend" name.) These are usually on sale too!
 
//Sonoma Life and Style brand from Kohl's.  I feel like most people view Sonoma as a somewhat "elderly" brand for some reason. This is not true at all. In fact, I would go so far as to say that it has become my favorite clothing brand over the years. Everything they make is simple and comfortable and has a very natural/slightly bohemian feel to it. They always have a wide variety of t-shirt fits and styles to choose from, and they are awesome at giving simple things a different touch.
 
What item of clothing is essential to your wardrobe? Have you spent a lot of time over the years trying to find the "perfect one?"  
 
Happy Wednesday, and if you celebrated the 4th of July yesterday, I hope it was a great one!
 
P.S. This isn't sponsored in any way...I just really love t-shirts.


Linda @ A La Carte said...

We have the same style! Except I don't wear shorts much anymore but always wear capris now. I love the Kohl's tshirts and buy several while on sale each year. I only like v-neck and they must be soft and cool fabric. I need to check out Old Navy t's!!

Mallory Layfield said...

Oh my goodness me too. I live in t-shirts, and especially so in the Summer! Also, I totally forgot about Old Navy bf tees, so I think I may have to do a little online shopping now lol.

StephTheBookworm said...

Completely agree that it takes time and patience to find a good t-shirt - ha! I just bought 3 different styles from Walmart for like... $3 a piece and donated two and kept one. The struggle is real!

Kay R. said...

I'm not a big t shirt wearer but when I do wear it I try to find good quality! Thanks for sharing!

Lottiefla said...

Lately I have been loving Kohl's Sonoma Shirt Dress lately... Next best thing to naked I swear. I bought three of them on clearance for $15 each and they are comfy and loose and still make me feel girly. I bought a chambray/denim one thsts all cotton and two in a breezy rayon print (blue or mossy green). If they had more colors I'd have bought them all. Other than these three dresses, I live in jeans and t-shirts. I will try the Target ones and the others you suggest too. Thanks a bunch. I love reading your writing, btw.

Lottiefla said...

Don't you hate when you re-read your newly posted post and find dumb grammatical errors, spelling mistakes, and/or repetitive words? I sure do.

© My Restless Soul. Made with love by The Dutch Lady Designs.